- October is good time to prune apples. At Floors garden the apples trees are grown in many different styles: large pyramid / goblet / step over and the standard tree form. Join us to day to see how to prune these apples to create these shaped trees.
- Making your own compost is great fun and it's really good for your garden too. We'll show how to prepare the material for composting and suitable containers for the compost and then you can sit back and let nature do the rest.
- Followed by light Lunch in the Queens House
- Have you even admired the roses at Floors? Now is chance to see how the Roses on the chains are pruned. Also, show how to prune and cover a wall with rambling roses.
- Followed by afternoon tea in the Queens House at 12.30pm
- Delivered by: Andrew Simmons- Floors Castle Head Gardener
- Number of places available: 12-15 £35 per person.
To book your place call : 01573 223333 or email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Understand the principles of basic propagation and learn how to grow new plants from existing ones. We'll show you how to take semi-ripe cuttings and guide you around the garden to collect seeds to sow and store. With a bit of luck you will have a selection of Floors Castle garden cuttings to take home and enjoy for years to come. Followed by afternoon tea in the Queens House. Delivered by: Simon Mcmanus-Floors Castle Gardener Number of places available: 12-15 £35 per person.
A fantastic day out for all the family featuring Pipe Bands from across the Scottish Borders and Lothians. We are delighted to introduce a new programme for 2017 bringing together music and dance with a military and forces theme. Members of the armed forces and local emergency services will be in attendance and will provide demonstrations throughout the day including an assault course and climbing wall. We are excited to welcome over 100 dancers from MPulsive Dance School for 2 special performances.